- DECLARED INFORMATION
Facebook makes an inventory of the information declared by the member : profile, e-mail address, phone numbers, shared interests when building the user account, membership in a community, registration with groups, participation in events, etc.
- INFORMATION COLLECTED
Facebook collects the information related to the member: IP Adress, geolocalization data, browser, device model, battery level, etc.
- BEHAVIOR IN THE APPLICATION
Facebook improves the understanding of its members through interactions in its social networks & apps :
- Visible interactions which are performed in the user’s FB/Insta account(Likes / Comments / Shares, Posts, etc.)
- Invisible interactions are also taken into account (Ad clicks, Video views, Search engine requests, Marketplace, etc.)
- Content consumption, such as: if one spends a lot of time looking at cooking videos the FB algorithms will identify a potential interest in cooking. (Time spent on each content, News feed, average speed scroll, etc. )
- BEHAVIOR ON THE WEB
The FB algorithms take into account different types of behavior on the web:
- Activities and time spent on pages and websites that have tracking pixels;
- Activities behind Facebook connect;
- Activities on pages that have a Facebook plug-in (“LIke” button, etc.);
- Activities in the Facebook ad network, etc.